i’ve tried to compile some of these longer masterposts into just the really useful stuff, and i’ve added a lot more that isn’t already circulating ~ hope you enjoy uwu
get to know your character fill in sheet
writing board - plan family trees, timelines etc with pictures and videos
writing specific character types
the psychology of colour
creative writing prompts
26 stages of death
how to write a kiss7 steps to the perfect story
words that don’t exist in english
relationship words that can’t translate into english
wheel of emotions
tip of my tongue - word finder
fictional people and place names generator
fantasy world map generator
wonderful writing resources masterlist
the ULTIMATE writing masterpost
mary sue litmus test
create smart powerpoints in a different format
how to structure an essay
how to take an effective study break
self control - ban yourself from certain sites while studying
check through writing, grammar and spelling editor
healthy study snacks
microsoft world alternative
solves any maths equation
heaps of studying playlists
look like you’re typing an essay
loads of fonts
more uncommon language sites - including afrikaans, gaelic and greek
20 most common grammatical errors
icing colour reference
25+ hot chocolate recipes
so many cookie recipes
harry potter food
make cookies that look like allsorts sweets
caramel apple nachos
triple chocolate mousse cake
36 homemade popsicle/ice lolly recipes
chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup
dip dyed marshmallows
more microwave mug recipes
avacado face mask - for acne prone skin
strawberry face mask - for acne prone skin
tea for a sore throat
tone your stomach, thighs and butt
get fit - cardio, legs, butt, abs, arms and yoga positions
10 best yoga positions
10 things to do when you’re feeling shitty
good advice from ser loras
a confidence boost from the tenth doctor
self harm recovery masterpost
hotlines masterlist - inc. domestic/alcohol/drug abuse, suicide + lgbt
watch an actually funny cat video
what to do when you feel like self harming
click to donate to people who need it
how to help a friend feeling suicidal
worried a friend is self harming?
what to do when your friend is having a panic attack
makeup + hair
easy eyeliner tutorial
spoon eye makeup
what makeup suits you?
eyeliner variations with tutorials
amazing eyeliner ref
eyeliner ref chart #2
eyeliner ref chart #3
diy newspaper nails
zoella’s everyday makeup routine
read stories about nice people
how to survive college/university
packing for college/university
college/uni references masterpost
what to know when you’re getting a new apartment
getting rid of bobbles/pills on clothes
how to tie a bow tie
hiv morning after pill
order free condoms
deleting yourself off the internet
why girl-on-girl hate is wrong and you should celebrate your girl power
a complete guide to kissing
journal inspiration and guide
how to fall asleep fast
building a memory palace - the method of loci
find the source of an image
how to afford to travel
accidentally closed your tab?
play cards against humanity
make an adventure time princess
synaptop - webcam with interactive features
dip dye shoes tutorial
solar system jewellery
how to customize your denim jacket
create your own temporary tattoo
how to dip dye your hair at home
easy ukelele chords
diy globe garland
super cute constellation notebooks
buy vintage scrabble letter rings
Does anyone know if the Doctor Who tabletop game is any good? I just saw it at the bookstore
Trust me if you weren’t here for The Brushnger Games 2013, I tried like 50 different pencil brushes and this was the best.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
There’s a really neat tool I found called Universal Pokemon Randomizer. It runs on any US Pokemon rom from Gen1 Red to Gen5 Black2, and completely randomizes the game in a really cool way.
Here’s a list from the site of what it randomizes:
- The Starter Pokemon choices.
- The Wild Pokemon you encounter in grass, caves and other places.
- The Pokemon that Trainers use against you.
- The base stats which define the potential of each Pokemon.
- The elemental types of each Pokemon.
- The abilities of each Pokemon, in games where they exist.
- The moves that Pokemon learn by gaining levels.
- The contents of each TM which can be taught to Pokemon to give them additional moves (HM moves are not changed to make sure you can still beat the game)
- The ability of each Pokemon to learn each TM or HM move.
- The “static” Pokemon which you either are given, fight on the overworld, or are sold.
- The names of trainers & the classes they belong in.
- The moves taught by move tutors, for games within which they are significant enough.
It’s really really cool and I recommend it.
I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOREVER
in preparation for the rodeo on thursday, I am listening to the entire discography of Maroon 5 on repeat for the next few days
I found some old art books today called ‘Celtic Art: The methods of Construction by George Bain’ Which, I found interesting. I only have 4 out of the 7, they are very old (From 55 years ago). I thought I would just share some scans from them, some people might find them useful. :)
And I just noticed there is two images the same. -_-” Sorry about that, I’ll replace it with a different one later… -_-‘